I have never been here, so any comments are most welcome. From the map, it looks like a huge park, containing a temple, kiln, scholar's residence, art education theater, library, exhibit hall, and restaurants, all running along the Dong-Shan River.
On weekends starting at 10am, they have a number of activities for children. During Chinese New Year, they will be held daily.
Ilan County, Wu Jie Xiang, Ji Xin Tsun, Wu Han Road Sec 2, No. 201
Entry: 150/person, children under 110cm free, discounts for groups of 20 or more or residents of Ilan County.
Hours: Open daily
• 2010 Daily 11am-2pm: Family activity mixing traditional stories with modern storytelling methods. "The Magic of the Mountain" (my own translation, I think it's actually a volcano)
• Feb 14-21 Daily 9am-7pm - Children's Game Fair
• Feb 14-21 Daily 10:40am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm - Performances to welcome the New Year
• Feb 14-20 Daily 10am and 4pm - Acrobatic performances
• Feb 14-21 Daily 12 noon and 6pm - Chinese Opera
• Feb 27-28 Lantern-lighting activity (numbers limited)
• Feb 27-28 3pm - "Tang Yuan" eating together
*March 20&21 there will be National Thai Dance performances
*April through June is the 2nd Traditional Children's Art Festival