3/26/2011

Pub Lunch With Kids - Carnegie's Taipei

In my single, partying days, I would never have imagined I would one day be recommending Carnegie's as a place to take your kids for lunch or early dinner.  And, I believe a few readers will also be surprised that I am recommending this place as a dining option for families. Including your Taiwanese inlaws.  But, we have been there a few times with the whole family, and even though the food is not all fantastic, it's a really good place to enjoy a bit of a pub atmosphere, relax, and feed your kids.

Carnegie's is more of a British-style pub, with British food and Indian curries on the menu.  They have a great range of drinks and all kinds of Happy Hours.  If you like English-style breakfasts/brunches, then this is certainly the place for you.  Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of this kind of meal, but I do like the curries. I have been disappointed with a couple of dishes I have ordered.  With kids in tow, though, we can sacrifice a bit of inconsistency in food delivery in return for a child-friendly place to let the adults relax.

So, why I am recommending this place?  The big winner is the diaper changing table in the women's bathroom.  That alone cries, "We welcome your baby!"  (I'm not sure how the young ladies partying up feel about it when they are there late on the weekends, though.) Then, there is the fact you can find a nice corner or patio where your kids won't bother too many diners.  Finally, you can find food and drink that will keep your kids happy while you relax with a meal and drink.

There is a park nearby that you can take your children to if they really get out-of-hand.  Ask the staff for directions.

Whether you are long-term resident or a visitor to Taipei, I think you will find Carnegie's is a good option for a family meal.

Address: 1F 100 An Ho Road, Section 2, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C. (台北市安和路二段100號1F)
Tel: 02-2325 4433

Hours: 11am-late daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a family-oriented site. Any comments deemed not suitable will be deleted.