10/24/2010

Puppetry Art Center Taipei

I have not been here yet.  I came across this flier at the SOHO art education center, and it looks very interesting.

Here is a link before I lose it.  I plan to head over and check this out over the next couple of weeks.  In the meantime, check out this very detailed English site!

**We finally got here this Wednesday.  It was just fantastic for a family trip.  Right next to  Pacific Living Mall with a carpark, and a very nice grass area and playground outside.  Lots of things to touch for children, and excellent English introductions and intricate displays for adults to look at.  Videos of Taiwan puppet shows.  Entry for adults $50, for children $40.  It took us about an hour to look around the one floor, including trying out shadow puppets, hand puppets, and string puppets.

The second floor is dedicated to performances and workshops, which run mostly on weekends.

You can take pictures, but only without flash.  It's a bit dark inside, so my pictures didn't turn out.  But trust me, my children and I highly recommend this museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a family-oriented site. Any comments deemed not suitable will be deleted.